Tuesday 4 June 2013

No plan survives contact with the enemy

One of the principal goals of my Badab War is to put into practice the many theories and techniques I have been reading about for the past couple of years. In the first foray into the hobby back in '07 I gave no fore fought into what I was doing. No prep, just slap paint and get on with it. I returned to the hobby a few years ago but gave up again pretty quickly in the face prospect of re-assembling and re-painting. This time around I've wrote endless lists and read articles, books and watched videos over and again and have a clear idea what I am doing.

Then I changed it, missed out steps and the end result is frustration and a end result I am unhappy with it. Thankfully I had the bright idea to stop what I was doing before mucking up the models further but I guess what I am saying, make a plan and stick to it! Write it down, step by step of how you paint your minis. Print it out, draw it - whatever - just put it somewhere that's always in sight you and you'll never go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment